Coming to Raja Ampat is an adventure and we want to make sure its worthwhile. We updated this page with details information how to get here as a guidance and your travel to remote island is not burdensome.
How to get here
There are no direct international flights to Raja Ampat. Typically this is what you will need to do;
- Make your way to Sorong, West Papua. Recommended hub are Jakarta (CGK), Ujung Pandang (UPG), or Manado (MDC).
- Book a domestic flight to Domine Edward Osok airport (SOQ), Sorong.
- Public ferry Sorong – Waisai available everyday except national religious holiday Eid Fitri, Christmas, and New Year. Please see below schedule.
- Ferry Sorong – Waisai takes 1,5 hours each way.
- The last leg of your journey, from Waisai you will be transfer to Daroyen Village via speedboat or longboat.
We recommend Sriwijaya Air, Express Air, and Garuda airline for the domestic tickets. These airlines have very few delay.
Direct flight Jakarta – Sorong is available with Nam Air and Express Air. There are no direct flight from Bali.
|Day||Sorong – Waisai||Waisai – Sorong|
|Monday – Friday||9:00 AM – 2PM||9:00 AM – 2PM|
|Saturday||9:00 AM – 2PM||9:00 AM – 12PM|
|Sunday||9:00 AM – 2PM||9:00 AM – 2PM|
Ferry service may not available on national holiday. If your return to Sorong late afternoon and you need to spend one night in Sorong before leaving, we recommend to to book a hotel on the day you arrive in Sorong.
Early morning ferry 9:00 AM from Waisai arrive around 10:45 AM. In order to fly out Sorong the same day, we recommend to book flight out of Sorong around 1:30 or 2:00 PM. This will give you flexibility in case of ferry delay and still have enough time for boarding.