This recipe article submitted by our guest Emily that have kindly shared her jar of coconut oil and help relieve burn and pain from sunburn. Its very easy and not a lot of work.
As many have discovered, coconut oil is widely use for skin treatment. Its one of the best skin moisturizer available. By making it yourself, you will have one really great product that doesn’t have added chemical.
Coconut Oil Moisturizer (Whipped Coconut Oil)
- 2 Cups Coconut Oil
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- Scoop coconut oil into mixing bowl (I used 2 cups of coconut oil).
- Break the coconut oil up into chunks.
- Turn the mixer on high and whip the coconut oil.
- Scrap down the sides of the bowl and continue to whip until all the coconut oil is soft and fluffy.
- If you’re going to add essential oils, do so at this time.
- Scoop coconut oil moisturizer into storage container.
- Use in place of lotion and body butter.
The whipping can take a while. It can takes about 7 minutes on high speed so its probably best not to try to whip it with your own hands.
Coconut oil easily harden in cool cold temperature but it simply melts as soon as you apply due to body heat.